Van Ahn & Company, Inc has added Indigo Marketplace as an tool in producer’s marketing plan. We feel Indigo offer’s a unique opportunity for producers when it comes to marketing. Marketplace sales can offer not only price incentives, but they also allow for delivery flexibility. Van Ahn & Company, Inc believes that a producers marketing plan should be diversified and Indigo offers another opportunity to do so.
About Indigo Marketplace
Marketplace is a platform to help us find growers their best bid, manage grain price risk and provide marketing insights. This is done through the Marketplace platform and Indigo Pricing Tools.
About Indigo Pricing Tools
- Flexibility – Deliver to any location in Indigo Marketplace.
- No Upfront Cost – Fees are deducted from final settlement of delivered grain.
- No Margin Calls – Pricing Tools have no margin calls.
- Protected Payment – Indigo insures against buyer default risk on completed transactions.
Indigo Pricing Tools:
- Managed Pricing Program – GMA partner provides recommendations in setting the futures reference portion of a cash contract delivered through Marketplace.
- Futures Lock – Provides Growers the benefit of setting their futures reference price while maintaining the flexibility to deliver grain to any buyer in Marketplace.
- Price Pivot – Enables growers to participate in market movement (up & down) without needing to hold physical inventory.
- Minimum Pricing – Allows growers to customize a floor price while still maintaining upside participation. Wide range of combinations available and premium is taken from contract value.
- Unlimited Upside – A deferred pricing program that allows the grower to have a price floor but participate if the market moves higher. Not offered in Louisiana.
- Daily Price – Enables growers to price an equal bushel quantity at the closing settlement price over their desired pricing period.
- Daily Price with Floor – Price an equal bushel quantity every day at the higher of the daily settlement price or your floor price.
- Firm Offer – Pays the grower a premium over current cash prices in exchange for a firm offer to sell a like bushel quantity at a predetermined price & date in the future.
- Price Plus – Combines an IFL (at current market value) and Firm Offer (at desired Offer Level)
- Accumulator – Provides growers the ability to begin pricing above the current market with the security of a floor. Variations are available and an additional bushel commitment may be required.
- Deferred Payments – Growers are eligible to receive a premium for deferring payment for at least 90 days, within a maximum of 365 days. Available in select locations.
IMPORTANT NOTE: WHEN YOU ENTER INTO A MARKETPLACE TRANSACTION WITH INDIGO, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A FORWARD CONTRACT WITH INDIGO AS COMMERCIAL COUNTER PARTIES ENTERING INTO ANY PRICING MECHANISMS PURSUANT TO A MARKETPLACE TRANSACTION, YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT: (1) YOU ARE NOT OPENING A FUTURES/OPTIONS ACCOUNT; (2) THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A FUTURES/ OPTIONS POSITION; AND (3) THAT INDIGO IS NOT A COMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR (“CTA”), A FUTURES COMMISSION MERCHANT (“FCM”), INTRODUCING BROKER (“IB”), OR A COMMODITY POOL OPERATOR (“CPO”), OR SWAP DEALER RELATIONSHIP, NOR DOES INDIGO REPRESENT TO BE A CTA, FCM, IB, CPO OR SWAP DEALER.THE PRICING MECHANISM REFERENCED IN THIS PRESENTATION EMPLOYS FUTURES/OPTIONS REFERENCES AS A FORWARD CONTRACT PRICING MECHANISM ONLY. IT IS NOT A FUTURES/OPTIONS CONTRACT OR A COMMODITY POOLING AGREEMENT. Past performance is not indicative of future results. This communication is a solicitation and intended for informational purposes only. There is a risk of loss when engaging in these kinds of transactions. Participants will not be engaging in futures and options trading. No recommendations on futures and/or options trading will be made.
50 South B.B. King Blvd | Memphis, TN 38103 | (855) 542-5084 | GMAAC@indigoag.com | www.IndigoAg.com